A visit to a casino should be an enjoyable experience. All guests are assumed to play for a pleasant thrill, spending amounts they can afford. They control their gambling and know what the consequences might be.
Casinos Poland is aware that gambling can become a problem and may adversely affect a gambler’s life. We want to make sure that our customers are well informed about the risks associated with gambling. By proper information we want to protect our guests from compulsive gambling
WHAT IS GAMBLING ADDICTION?
Gambling develops into an addiction when the player looses sight of the fun element; it turns into an obsession and becomes the centre of a person’s life. Compulsive gamblers are unable to resist impulses to gamble. and invests too much time and money in gambling. They neglect other areas of their lives, such as: family, work or hobbies. Very often they begin to look at gambling as a way of earning money or, even worse, try to win back/recover, chase the money they had previously lost (loss-chase). Such players can act unlawfully to obtain money or (take out substantial loans) for gambling they are unable to pay off. Consequently compulsive gamblers lose control of their lives along with their self-esteem and their self-confidence.
PLEASE ALWAYS BEAR THE FOLLOWING IN MIND:
Gambling is a form of gaming in which wins or losses are predominantly a matter of chance. The ‘house advantage’ on table games, e.g. Blackjack, Roulette and in Poker, lies between 0,6% and 2.7%, and on slot machines between 2% and 10%.
9 RULES OF RESPONSIBLE GAMING
• Gambling is simply a form of entertainment, not a replacement for gainful employment!
• Make sure that you have a good balance between your gambling activities and your other leisure.
• Avoid gambling when you are extremely stressed, depressed or under a lot of pressure.
• Never gamble while under the influence of alcohol or medication.
• Make sure that the amounts you gamble are well within your leisure and entertainment budget.
• Before you start, always set yourself a limit of the amount you can afford to lose playing and stick to this/. Keep this limit sensible and well within your financial means.
• Set yourself a time limit and keep to it.
• Never take higher risks to recover your previous losses.
• Take regular breaks from gambling.
For assistance, contact:
www.uzaleznieniabehawioralne.pl (available in Polish)
You can also ask a member of our staff for help.
We guarantee discretion and confidentiality at all times.